Principal Purpose of the Job Role:
Weld and fabricate thin gauge items from different materials working in collaboration with the Welding team leader, Production Engineering and the Quality Department
- Manufacture Parts to drawing and quality requirement in the time allocated
- Working to Route card and drawing instructions
- Meeting the Team’s delivery schedule
- Maintaining Company quality standards
- Maintaining production efficiency across all machinery
- Troubleshooting manufacturing & production issues to a satisfactory conclusion
- Monitoring and reporting lost time and making recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring Company standards are maintained
- Participate in team training needs & solutions
- Proactively communicate within the Team
Key Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Good capabilities in TIG &MIG welding and fabrication light gauge materials 1-3mm s/s, m/s, alu,
- Goods practical skills in sanding and dressing of fabricated items to high standards
- Ability to read and fully understand engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Good knowledge of booking on and off of jobs using MRP system.
- Tidy and methodical in your approach to tasks.
- Information Technology capabilities to include MS Word, Excel. Advantageous
- Able to work well within a team, demonstrate willingness and flexibility as required.
- Good appreciation of Engineering Quality requirements
- Good Understanding of modern welding sets
- Computerisation in a work place