Cambridge Site Vacancies
Fully Skilled Fabrication Welder at our Cambridge site (X2)
Salary – Competitive (Please do not advertise any pay rates as this causes havoc with our existing employees)Package – 22 days holiday + 8 BH – increasing with length of service
- Hours – 0800 – 1630 Mon – Fri (40 hrs PW)
- Target Bonus paid quarterly
- Overtime during busy periods
- Company health cashback scheme (Free for the first level of cover)
Principal Purpose of the Job Role:
Weld and fabricate thin gauge items from different materials working in collaboration with the Welding team leader, Production Engineering and the Quality Department Position
- Manufacture Parts to drawing and quality requirement in the time allocated
- Meeting the Team’s delivery schedule
- Maintaining Team discipline at all times
- Maintaining Company quality standards at all times within the Team
- Maintaining production efficiency across all machinery used by the Team
- Troubleshooting manufacturing & production issues to a satisfactory conclusion
- Monitoring and reporting lost time and making recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring Company standards are maintained at all times by the Team
- Participate in team training needs & solutions
- Proactively communicate with all Team
Key Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Good capabilities in welding and fabrication light gauge materials 1-3mm s/s, m/s, alu,
- Goods practical skills in sanding and dressing of fabricated items to high standards
- Ability to read and fully understand engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Good knowledge of booking on and off of jobs using MRP system.
- Tidy and methodical in your approach to tasks.
- Information Technology capabilities to include MS Word, Excel. Advantageous
- Able to work well within a team, demonstrate willingness and flexibility as required.
- Good appreciation of Engineering Quality requirements
- Good Understanding of modern welding sets
- Computerisation in a workplace
For this role we are looking for a person who has Mig and Tig and has worked with thin gauge materials. The manager at this site would like to see pics of examples of this kind of work that they have carried out. He is not interested in seeing any previous contractors either. We are looking for welders that have had experience working with thin tolerances, generally, candidates from the construction/large materials industry are not suitable
Apply via HR@pcml.net or call our Cambridge site on 01223 293904